by Superintendent Matt Grose
The end of a year is a pretty typical time to reflect on the previous year and I think there are many things that have happened in our community’s school district that stand out. Our district vision statement focuses on three things: improving skills and achievement, building positive connections to others, and encountering broad educational experiences. Some highlights!
Improve Skills and Achievement
• Our high school was recognized by US News and World Report as Bronze medal winner for achievement.
• King Elementary was named to one of MinnCAN’s top ten lists.
• A number of staff completed their master’s degrees and one completed a certification in using technology to blend learning.
• We saw some great improvement in some areas of our state tests, including a number of students who received perfect scores!
Build Positive Connections to Others
• The district had another clean audit and continues to make choices to enable us to be financially stable, healthy, and responsible.
• We started live-streaming events from our schools so anybody with an internet connection can watch them live. We even had someone from Japan watch a recent wrestling meet live! We will be expanding this service in 2014.
• The district was asked by the Minnesota Department of Education to partner in a number of initiatives: one around equity, one around student wellness, and one around teacher evaluation.The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.